BY CHARLES F. STANLEY
In 1 Timothy 2:1-2, the apostle Paul says, “I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity.” Most of us realize that we should be interceding for our country’s leaders. But sometime we have difficulty knowing what to ask. Here are a few suggestions.
In no uncertain terms, the Lord calls us to pray for our leaders. This is because no one person or group of people can change a country or get it back on track. And when we consider how our fellow Americans are suffering because of the downturn of the economy, rising unemployment, the deterioration of family, and escalating conflicts on the world stage, we quickly realize that only almighty God can truly help us.
Our nation urgently needs our intercession. We do not know what the future holds or who will hold the seats of power throughout the land. But we can be confident that the Father honors the prayers of those who love Him and is faithful to answer us (James 5:16; 1 Peter 3:12).
Therefore, please pray the president and other elected officials would:
1. Realize their positions of authority were obtained either by God’s choice or His permissive will.
2. Recognize their personal inadequacy for the task of governing our country and look to the Lord for the wisdom, knowledge, and courage to succeed.
3. Restore dignity, honor, trustworthiness, and righteousness to the office of the Presidency, to the Senate, and to the House of Representatives.
4. Readily forsake their political careers and personal ambitions if it is necessary to do so for the best interest of the country.
5. Reverse the destructive trends of humanism and atheism—which attempt to dethrone God and deify humanity—because they ultimately result in an ungodly society.
6. Respect, honor, and obey the Constitution of the United States—the protector of our freedoms.
7. Reject all counsel that weakens our defenses against aggressors or endorses agreements that would do so in the future.
8. Refuse to promote a way of life in which citizens of our nation become increasingly dependent upon the government for their needs, thus surrendering their freedom to prosper.
9. Remember their accountability to almighty God for their attitudes, motives, behaviors, and decisions that affect our nation.
Resolve that their terms of service will be dedicated to returning America to its position as first among nations—where people can prosper individually, feel secure, and take pride in their American citizenship, and almighty God is recognized as the Source of all our blessings.
I often say, when we fight our battles on our knees, we win every time. And as we lift our nation up in prayer, I know we can make a difference regardless of how difficult our problems may be because we are taking the burdens of our country to the One who understands the way to victory.
So please join me in lifting up the United States and its leaders to the Lord, confidently knowing He will move on our behalf. Certainly, our loving Father will hear our prayers and heal our land (2 Chronicles 7:14). May God bless you, and may He continue to bless the United States of America.
Following Peace to Make the Right Decisions
Are You an Unbelieving Believer?
También te puede interesar...
29 OctChristian devotional
by John Hagee Luke 9:62—But Jesus said to him, \”No one, having put his hand ...